This is very frequent error and sometime while handling MS Access database, you may faces several errors. And generally the error 0x80004005 causes in association with any of the program which shows that there is unspecified error. It normally stumbles upon at the time you try to access shared folder or on a Virtual Box. Here some major solutions are given that helps you to remove access error without any harm or losing the personal data.
Error 1: In any record the search key was not found, Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005).
If this type of error is encounter by you then this means Access database get corrupted. So to repair this error, you need to repair the database. Below given steps will help you to fix it, if your database is in remote server.
• In Microsoft Access, open the database and then click on “Tools” menu and then select “Database Utilities -> Compact and Repair Database”. • And again upload the database to the server after repairing the FTP.
Error 2: Common error incapable to open registry key “Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x6cc Thread 0x78c DBC 0x144cfc4 Jet”. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers.
• Since there is no particular reason for appearance of this error but this encounters due to incorrect path of the database. • To fix this error, you need to verify the path of the database in proper or improper.
Error 3: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver]. The Jet database engine is not able to start the file. For this you need the permission to view this data or it is already opened by any other user. Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC Drivers error “80004005”
Various reasons responsible for this error are:
• At the time while accessing the local MS Access database that is connected to the table where the table is an Access database on a network server. • As Exclusive the data sources and file name are marked. • Another reason responsible for this error is delegation issue so you need to check for the authentication method if there is any. Attempt for making use of the basic authentication if the universal naming convention is used for connecting string or complete path like C:\Mydata\ Data.mdb.it issues might also arrive.
Error 4: The message include that the Database or Object is Read only. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error “80004005”.
• User will get this error normally when user tries to update or insert data in Access Database. And this means that you are not having the permission to mark the database.
• Make sure that your database id uploaded to the /db folder must be placed at the same directory level as www.
Error 5: In this it shows that might not be a database that your application identifies, Microsoft JET Database Engine error “8000405”. File may be corrupt or cannot Open Database.
This error is generally faced in a common server situation. Or numerous users are accessing access database at the same period of time. Here we have given some solution to repair this error. • Convert to SQL database. • And if your database is in MS Access 97 version then upgrade it to Access 2000 or later and again try to upload your database.
Yet after attempting the above technique if the database errors 0x80004005 still continue then you can make use of the MS Access Repair and Recovery tool. This helps you to fix database error easily and you are also able to recover the data. This tool is capable to fix any types of database corruption and it helps you to easily recover the corrupted indexes, queries, tables, modules, password protected forms, relation and many more. It is also compatible in different version of Windows OS like Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/Vista/7/8/8.1.